VOGONS

First post, by CachoAlpuy

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Im trying to set up an old laptop to play msdos games, the laptop is a Dell XPi P133ST, it has the Neomagic NM2070 graphics card and i have installed the Univbe app.

Im having issues in the following apps and i am looking for advice in how to fix those issues.

7JDFkM7.jpg
In the previous screen there are a bunch of changed characters in the program adlib tracker 2.

uzrzVp0.jpg
Missing characters in the initialization screen of turrican 2.

j294SFF.jpg
Screen continues at the bottom of the incredible machine.

Im having similar issues in another laptop which is a compaq armada 1500 series.

Is there any way to fix those problems?

Reply 1 of 3, by jtchip

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

For Turrican II, how did you launch it? If you just run T2.EXE, the initial setup screen will look like what you've posted, even in DOSBox. It needs an environment variable set that points to the directory for the configuration, usually this is "SET T2DIR=CFG" and will be in T2.BAT, which is what you're supposed to run.

Reply 2 of 3, by CachoAlpuy

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
jtchip wrote on 2020-01-24, 23:18:

For Turrican II, how did you launch it? If you just run T2.EXE, the initial setup screen will look like what you've posted, even in DOSBox. It needs an environment variable set that points to the directory for the configuration, usually this is "SET T2DIR=CFG" and will be in T2.BAT, which is what you're supposed to run.

Ok, i saw that in DOSBox the same thing happens in T2.

Any clue about the character issues in Adlib Tracker 2? The issue dissapears if i plug the laptop to an external monitor.