VOGONS

First post, by Jackal1983

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

So, I have a the Quadro FX version of the FX-5900 Ultra and in the interests of longevity I'd like to add an aftermarket cooler to it. I've been looking for the NV-Silencer 4 Version 2 without any luck. However, Aerocooler has the "AVC-NV4 NV Silencer 4" for sale on Amazon. Does anyone know if this will work with my Quadro?

Reply 2 of 8, by Jackal1983

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Doornkaat wrote on 2020-02-10, 18:46:

According to newegg rev 1 should fit your card as well as rev 2.
However you can find rev 2 for 5$ here:
https://www.performance-pcs.com/air-cooling/v … vc-nv4r2-d.html

Really? And is that a reputable site?

Reply 3 of 8, by The Serpent Rider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I've been looking for the NV-Silencer 4 Version 2

There are better solutions which affordable and easy to obtain.

I must be some kind of standard: the anonymous gangbanger of the 21st century.

Reply 5 of 8, by The Serpent Rider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

For example Zalman VF900-Cu, Ice Hammer IH-650B or Thermaltake Fanless 330. But there's more, much more.

I must be some kind of standard: the anonymous gangbanger of the 21st century.

Reply 6 of 8, by Jackal1983

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
The Serpent Rider wrote on 2020-02-10, 19:39:

For example Zalman VF900-Cu, Ice Hammer IH-650B or Thermaltake Fanless 330. But there's more, much more.

Those all look damn good, but after buying a X850 PE that was DOA because the board was taco'd from a aftermarket heatsink without a backplate (just 2 springloaded thumbscrews), I'll probably go with the NV-Silencer.

Reply 7 of 8, by Doornkaat

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Jackal1983 wrote on 2020-02-10, 19:16:

No idea, honestly. I just thought the link might be useful. If you don't trust them don't buy.

It seems they have a shop for pickup and offer amazon pay. That seems good enough for me to risk 5$ plus shipping but it's your money and I can't vouch for them.

Reply 8 of 8, by Jackal1983

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Doornkaat wrote on 2020-02-10, 21:37:
Jackal1983 wrote on 2020-02-10, 19:16:

No idea, honestly. I just thought the link might be useful. If you don't trust them don't buy.

It seems they have a shop for pickup and offer amazon pay. That seems good enough for me to risk 5$ plus shipping but it's your money and I can't vouch for them.

Thanks, think I'll go with them as soon as my P4 651 finally arrives in the mail and I can verify the GPU is still good.