First post, by Boohyaka
I have two mismatched Voodoo2 12MB cards (Gainward Dragon 3000 and InnoVision Mighty 3DII) that I am trying to make work in my Win98SE build along with a GeForce Ti4200 on an ASUS P3B-F, the idea being to have a powerful D3D card for everything non-Glide with a great DOS compatibility, and the Voodoo2 SLI for Glide. When I try to run Glide stuff in Windows it freezes the computer when using some drivers - particularly FastVoodoo2 that I want to use to be able to have SLI with mismatched cards...
- I am testing using the demos provided with FastVoodoo2 4.6, but I also tried with games (GLQuake, Quake2, Unreal Gold) and the results are consistent
- Problem happens with official 3DFX drivers 3.02.02 (latest ones), FastVoodoo2 4.0 GE and 4.6
- Problem does NOT happen when using official drivers 3.03.00 and 3.03.00b (both older than 3.02.02...weird numbering scheme)
- The problem is not only with the Ti4200, I tried a MX440 and a TNT2 with exactly the same results. Tried with a Savage4, and everything works fine with all 3DFX drivers...
- I was initially testing under Win98SE USP3, DX9.0c and Nvidia ForceWare 81.98, then reinstalled a bare-ass Win98SE. Straight after the OS install, I only change the drivers for the Voodoo2 card, leaving the main card with "Standard VGA Driver" and install absolutely nothing else - the behavior is exactly the same.
Are there known incompatibilities I am not aware of? Any solution?
Thanks as usual!