VOGONS

First post, by NautilusComputer

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

A few months back (good grief, more like late last year already!) I had the fortune of picking up a Quantum3D Raven PCI locally for a song - I paid $5 US for it. Unfortunately, it does not have a backplate/bracket at all.

Are there any owners here that could maybe take some photos for me so that I might be able to fab up a replacement? Some straight-on shots against a dark background of just the backplate would be great so that I can make a template for where to cut.

If you're really ambitious and could measure the distance to the edges of the VGA cutout from each end (or take a picture with a ruler!) that would be spectacular.

Thanks!

Reply 1 of 2, by The Serpent Rider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Raven is identical to all classic Banshee cards. Also simple alignment with any other AGP or PCI card will give you correct measurements.

I must be some kind of standard: the anonymous gangbanger of the 21st century.

Reply 2 of 2, by NautilusComputer

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
The Serpent Rider wrote on 2020-06-16, 15:57:

Raven is identical to all classic Banshee cards. Also simple alignment with any other AGP or PCI card will give you correct measurements.

They don't all have the VGA port in the same location, so the spacing/alignment won't always match. Good to know a regular Banshee has the VGA connector in the same space; I'll see if I can find a backplate for one of those.