First post, by eeJay
I bought a Diamond Voodoo 2 - 8 MB from Ebay. The seller claimed that it was tested and that it works. But when I tried it, there is no image in Glide games. So, the card gets detected properly and there are no issues with installing the drivers. The pass-through seems to work fine with the included cable.
When I launch a Glide game (Outlaws, Rayman 2, Quake 1, Unreal, Unreal Tournament, Jedi Knight ...), there is no image. My monitor goes to standby and I can only hear the game's music. Pressing Ctrl+Esc brings me back to the primary card's 2D mode (desktop, start menu) with no issue. Also, running the Dxdiag tests on the Voodoo card produces the same result - no image, monitor standby.
I have tried:
- different platforms (Socket 7 - p1 166 MHz MMX, Slot 1 - p II 350, Slot 1 - p III 500 MHz, Pentium 4)
- different primary cards (S3 PCI 1 MB, S3 Savage 4 PCI, RIVA TNT AGP, Geforce 2 MX AGP, Matrox g200 AGP ...)
- different drivers (official ones from Diamond and FastVoodoo)
- reinstalled the OS (Windows 95 or 98 SE, depending o the platform)/restored a fresh Norton Ghost image several times
- installed DirectX 7.0a
- a different pass-through cable
- connecting the monitor's VGA cable directly into the Voodoo card after starting a Glide game
I know that my monitor is capable of running smaller resolutions, because it works just fine even with a Voodoo 1 in DOS.
I've attached a few pictures of the card. Any ideas; anything apparently wrong?