VOGONS

First post, by Planet-Dune

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Currently, I have a Cyrix 6x86, around 200mhz with a Voodoo 1 which I use for 3dfx dos / early windows games. This runs on Win98SE. I also have an AMD 1.5ghz machine with 3gb DDR1 and a Voodoo5 running on WinXP. My question, would it be possible to dual booth 98se/xp (i know this isn't a problem) and then have the win98se side see and use the v1 card and the xp side the v5 for glide games? basically merging my 2 pc's into one.

For the XP side I take it won't be to hard to disable the Voodoo2 so it basically only sees the Voodoo5. Not sure for the Win98SE side if I install both V1 and V5 drivers.. which I will have to do as the 98se side would use the 2D capabilities of the V5 and the 3D from the V1.. not sure if it will use the V1 for my glide games or will attempt to use the V5 instead (which would be bad). Also will the V1 glide games (dos/early win) run fine on 1.5ghz cpu?

Reply 1 of 1, by Gamecollector

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

IIRC glide*x.dll are hardware dependant. So V5 drivers can detect V4/V5 only etc.
So not install V1 drivers. Just copy V1 glide2x.dll (or glide3x.dll) and fxmemmap.vxd to the game directory if you want to use a V1.

Asus P4P800 SE/Pentium4 3.2E/2 Gb DDR400B,
Radeon HD3850 Agp (Sapphire), Catalyst 14.4 (XpProSp3).
Voodoo2 12 MB SLI, Win2k drivers 1.02.00 (XpProSp3).