VOGONS

First post, by Pushik

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi, everybody. I have PowerVR PCX2 card and I have a problem with it.
Long time ago I was using it with PII/i440LX chipset motherboard and it worked fine. But the time passes and things die. Motherboard died (memory issue) so I had to update my setup for retro gaming. I tried to use PowerVR with some old pentium socket 7 machine. It works fine but way toooo slow. I only have Pentium S 120Mhz. So I purchased some PIII motherboards. The first MB is D815EEA on intel 815 chipset with integrated video. It has universal AGP slot. The second MB is also on intel815 chipset, but I couldn't find any name or code printed on the board. This MB doesn't have any AGP, just a few PCI's.
Using the first MB was a complete fail. The system is not booting. I even can't enter BIOS. No bios beeps, just the sleep mode of the monitor. I tried it with the integrated video and with my Voodoo 3 in AGP slot - same results.
And PVR is working with the second board: I could install the drivers and even started some of the games. But almost all games crash after a few seconds.
Does the old PowerVR have known compatibility issues with the newer hardware? What hardware is compatible? I am looking for i440BX chipset motherboard now, but there aren't any on my sight at the moment.
Can I fix the compatibility with i815 somehow?

P.S. Sorry for my English, I'm not a native speaker.