VOGONS

First post, by Smack2k

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hoping someone has some info about this....

I have a 2 MB Compaq QV2000 PCI Card that has a Cirrus Logic CL-PX2085 chip as well as a Matrox Chip. In all the searching for QV2000 cards, I see them to have the IS-ATLAS Matrox Chip on them. My QV2000 is identical to the ones I found on a few sites in terms of look, chip placement, etc, but I have an IS-ATHENA chip on mine. The IS-ATLAS is the MGA Ultima and the IS-ATHENA is the Matrix Impression Plus from what I can tell, but I havent been able to find any info on the QV2000 that has the IS-ATHENA chip on it and not the IS-ATLAS.

Wondering where this version of the card came from?

Reply 1 of 4, by pentiumspeed

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

QVision 2000 are compaq-manufactured video cards using Matrox GPU chipset and RAMDAC by Cirrus Logic. PCB design is uniquely to Compaq's. I know as I have compaq boards that were made by compaq's.

Not same as Matrox's due to RAMDAC but GPU is same but don't forget firmware is also different so you will get different results try the GONA tests to see how compatible it is?

http://vgamuseum.info/index.php/cards/item/20 … ima-ultima-plus

Cheers,

Great Northern aka Canada.

Reply 3 of 4, by pentiumspeed

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Oh that, okay, also please post a clear picture of your card. PS: Compaq is famous for doing many revisions to same part number including firmware. Anything in quotes of a part number (spare part) that ends in yyyyyy"-xxx" where xxx is revision. Compaq starts from first revision "-001".

Here's this link:

http://www.vgamuseum.info/index.php/cards/ite … impression-plus

Same disclaimer apply.

Cheers,

Great Northern aka Canada.

Reply 4 of 4, by Swiego

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

There was a QV2000 and a QV2000+ - I believe the latter used the IS-ATHENA chip but I could be mistaken.

As an aside the QV2000+ is a pretty terrible DOS card... definitely the worst PCI one I have by a fair margin.