VOGONS

First post, by Tincanalley

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Years ago in my IBM PS/2 50Z I installed an ATI Ultra MCA. It ran okay for anything but VGA as it use the systemboard VGA, so nothing VGA was going to be accelerated. So I used it with Windows 3.1 and all was well. After pulling that same machine out of storage a few years ago, I decided, unwisely, to bring the machine and its adapters up to date. So I found an updated BIOS for the ATI and I ran it. Well it didn't go as planned. After rebooting it would come up with a RAMDAC error on post and only allow VGA passthrough. I ran the test utility and there is a checksum error in the ROM, so I'm thinking it either messed up the process or it wasn't the correct BIOS.

Here is where things get frustrating. I no longer have the BIOS that was used to update it. I have no clue what I did with it. Also, I can't find it on the internet. I am sure if I can find the right BIOS, I can get the card working again.

Does anyone have, or know where I can get, the latest BIOS for the card? Currently it has version 1.4V1 installed (dated 1991/11/11). I would really like to use it again. I have tried the XGA, but they require a 386 machine. Even though the PC has an AOX Micromaster 386/20, the configuration of the card happens at post and the machine is reported as a 286. I know there is an IBM 8514, but it uses interlaced for higher resolutions.

Thanks in advance!