VOGONS

First post, by Thorad

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I got this fairly rare videocard from a friend's old micron workstation. It also had an intel AX440 motherboard, which was pretty neat and it had great on board OPL support, just bad dos support sadly (No working soundblaster support). I've tinkered with it a little bit and am using it in my 9x system over my MX440 64mb PCI card mainly because it tends to do better in certain 2d applications for some reason, and I don't play 3d games. I can't really get hawkeye to work, but from what I've heard thats not a travesty as the drivers are kind of eh.

Reply 1 of 2, by Thorad

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

2YOyDtflNG8_khHYR0hl-aip1N5ac0VhDPgp9jVe82bv309KvQu7LtpU9KtgeMU21gou_WO7_7zvjhQMgVzQzIsbj4NOuL2_Hoj-7sM1fIdG50sm4QFxzMYpDjlxb-QmjIMz8j8h6CvMZw

Here's a picture of the card, which I think is quite pretty, and a link for some info. It has a VGA passthrough header, and from what I know about the Voodoo 2 it relies on a seperate card for 2d rendering. it would be interesting to put the two together, because that would be quite the monster of a period correct combo, with one of the best 2d graphics cards on the market and the best 3d accelerator on the market in one system. For reference this card can do up to 1600x1200 32 bit color at around 75 hertz I believe.
http://vgamuseum.info/index.php/cards/item/22 … e-revolution-3d

Reply 2 of 2, by pixel_workbench

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I have this card, its 3D capabilities are not the worst for a 1997 card, but not good. It's missing some blending modes that make transparency look buggy in some games, and I also remember it was one of several early 3D cards that caused crashes on my Via Socket 370 test rig. But I agree that it's a cool looking card.

My Videos | Website
P2 400 unlocked / Asus P3B-F / Voodoo3 3k / MX300 + YMF718