VOGONS

First post, by Niark42

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello,

I wanted to install a gtx780 ligthning on my pc hpz220 win xp. I replaced the alim with a 650wat.
When I installed the drivers during the restart I come across a blue screen code error 0x000000EA (0x8813d640, 0x8934a628, 0x8934a628, 0xb8513cbc, 0x00000001).
I wanted to install another quadro fx5500 GPU. And after installation during reboot, it cuts off and the screen no longer picks up the signal.
I decided to put back the base GPU amd filepro v4900 and the weirdness continues, the drivers do not want to install anymore.

Please help me it's been 3 days that I try to solve the problem. (I tried to reinstall win xp, formatting with diskpart,...)

all are displayed normally, the problem comes after installing the driver when I know how to install it. and the nvidia fx5500 and livepro v4900 works on other PCs, The gtx 780 has not been tested.

Reply 1 of 11, by zapbuzz

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

your memory might be incorrectly seated it happens in worn dimm slots a little nudge might do it good but a memory test for module failiure recommended https://www.memtest86.com

Reply 4 of 11, by zapbuzz

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

0x000000EA indicates device failed initial startup loop (0x8813d640, 0x8934a628, 0x8934a628, 0xb8513cbc, 0x00000001) shows device in question although i cannot tell much about it. You say your base gpu doesn't want to work properly so all i can suggest is try reinstall again. If possible look for dust contamination within the gpu slot socket. Also if you have already loaded drivers for the replacement gpu it can now conflict with your base gpu thus a boot into safemode to uninstall driver for it to allow install of base gpu.
Many second hand cards come without prior history and can be previously overclocked without mention and the purchaser finds out their card isn't what they expected.
Some are sold as not tested i haven't got a reliable part of ths description.

Last edited by zapbuzz on 2021-11-01, 15:27. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 5 of 11, by Niark42

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I uninstall win xp all format to be able to have a clean installation but the gtx780 still does the same problem.

And the worst thing is that now I don't know how to install a driver on any of my cards. Even the original one that works very well.

The amd driver doesn't even want to install

Reply 6 of 11, by zapbuzz

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Niark42 wrote on 2021-11-01, 15:26:

I uninstall win xp all format to be able to have a clean installation but the gtx780 still does the same problem.

And the worst thing is that now I don't know how to install a driver on any of my cards. Even the original one that works very well.

The amd driver doesn't even want to install

These people offer integratable drivers so you don't have to manually install them however that will require building another xp disc (a dvd r ) or making a standalone cdrom. http://driverpacks.net/

I mention because it is more reliable than many others now.
If it will not work with this chances are your gpu has damage and if you can return for refund.

Reply 8 of 11, by zapbuzz

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

That has been known to occur due to cmos data corruption in bios correctable by clearing cmos usually by jumper setting on motherboard.
Worst case scenarios your gpu was overclocked prior to your ownership has failed you and possibly taken your pc with it. chipset could have been damaged.
these are expensive to trace by technicians.