VOGONS

First post, by cragger89

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hey guys.

Does anyone know where I can find the Windows 98 or Windows ME drivers for the ATI Radeon IGP 345?

My hobby at the moment is getting Windows 98 to work on as many laptops which are "too new". I've had success with the Sony PCG-SRX51PB sub notebook (working video and sound in DOS games, including screamer rally, particularly proud of this one!)

The one I'm working on at the moment is a far newer PCG-FR295. Interestingly, I have got sound working in Windows 98 and games like DOOM are working with it. It isn't for Screamer Rally, but I doubt I'd have success with this game. I did play with VDMSOUND briefly, but so far, it just doesn't like it. This isn't surprising, the game is picky.

It'd be great if I could get the Windows driver for the GPU, as then this would be a useful Windows 98 system. for the newer games which need 3D acceleration.

Reply 1 of 2, by cragger89

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I may have just found what I require - I saw reference on the web that the Catalyst 4.6 collection would contain the driver, I happened to find this link: https://www.vogonsdrivers.com/getfile.php?fil … 669&menustate=0

I will try this and report back.

Reply 2 of 2, by cragger89

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hmm.

I've found the Mobile Modder downloads here as well, unfortunately, nothing succeeded. Such a shame.

Very frustrating as people appear to have had success with this card before, but hey ho; it was more of an experiment than something I really, really need.