VOGONS

First post, by H.W.Necromancer

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hallo Vogons,
I have got box of AGP cards. Unknown history/state.
One is an HD 2600 PRO AGP with 3rd party cooler. I have cleaned the dirt, put it to gether and test it. The card works untill you install the drivers. Than in case of XP you will end up in restart loop with the OS / in case of Windows 7 you end up with a BSOD screen. There was one missing silver capacitor 47uF, close to the AGP edge missing - I found one in a scrap and replace it. No change. I got too "franzy" and recap the rest (yeah I know...😓) but it had not helped. Still the same crash.
I have inspected the card again for missing parts, broken traces but it looks in quite a good condition.
Do you have any idea / experience? Trying to avoid damaging the card more if it is maybe possible to save it.
Last resort is reflowing the chip but do not know if the fault is even chip related.
Ot maybe the AGP-PCIe bridge chip is faulty? But then I would expect the card to die completelly.
Its a good card for late AGP build..
(the pen on the photo shows the replaced capacitor)
Thanks for any help!!
EDIT: I was able to boot it in to the Linux Ubuntu with that card, normal image, full resolution - but due to the low performance of the machine can ´t test more under such a recent OS.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    Filename
    image.jpg
    File size
    1.5 MiB
    Views
    File license
    Public domain
  • image.jpg
    Filename
    image.jpg