VOGONS

First post, by kenan83

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello everyone. I have a yd-380b 5.25 floppy drive. I also have a 3.5 inch floppy drive in my system. I advertise 3.5 inch 1.44mb master and 5.25 as 1.22 slave to the system. While the system is booting, it first checks 3.5, then 5.25. No problem here, just. When I try to switch from drive A to drive B, the 5.25 drive light comes on but the head does not move. While the system is booting, the reader head moves back and forth when 5.25 is marked. It looks like a capacitor is broken on the motherboard on the 5.25 floppy. Could this be the reason? Or is there another problem? I used 360kb DS, DD disks and 1.2m high density disks. Floppy disks from the 90's. Doesn't read any of them. The drive light is on and the disc is spinning. Formatting the Omnidisk. But I can't get into the disk. I tried the jumper settings on it but still the same result. What other adjustments can I make?Thank you very much for your help.

Attachments

Reply 1 of 2, by Tiido

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I think moving the jumper from DS1 to DS0 will do what is needed. You'll want to try to locate the documentation of the drive and get confirmation.
EDIT: whoops, this seems to be a different problem altogether. It can very well be a bad capacitor, I have had to replace them on all my 5.25" drives before they began to read floppies properly.

T-04YBSC, a new YMF71x based sound card & Official VOGONS thread about it
Newly made 4MB 60ns 30pin SIMMs ~
mida sa loed ? nagunii aru ei saa 😜