Topic actions

Reply 20 of 22, by zapbuzz

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
RaiderOfLostVoodoo wrote on 2022-10-22, 04:36:
zapbuzz wrote on 2022-10-22, 03:56:

Best buy from eBay for decent GPU are tested working and bench marked with screenshots. Some eBay sellers will youtube a bench cycle upon request.
If it hasn't been properly bench tested with screenshots its too good to be true even with brand new looks.

I wouldn't be so paranoid.
If you pay via Paypal and the hardware was declared "fully functional", you can get your money back.

haven't seen any titled "fully functional" but i bet i'll use that to sell some day
maybe its just I am out of seller range.

Reply 21 of 22, by zapbuzz

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
RaiderOfLostVoodoo wrote on 2022-10-22, 04:36:
zapbuzz wrote on 2022-10-22, 03:56:

Best buy from eBay for decent GPU are tested working and bench marked with screenshots. Some eBay sellers will youtube a bench cycle upon request.
If it hasn't been properly bench tested with screenshots its too good to be true even with brand new looks.

I wouldn't be so paranoid.
If you pay via Paypal and the hardware was declared "fully functional", you can get your money back.

I'll keep that in mind especially my paranoia 😀

Reply 22 of 22, by AlexZ

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

FX5900 is good for dual Windows 98/XP rig, but not so much for pure Windows XP rig. The trouble is Windows 98 games don't need that much power as they are designed for much slower graphics cards while late Windows XP games need much more processing power. In general you want to be one year ahead in terms of recommended system specs for games. 7600GT is about twice as powerful as FX5900 in Windows XP era. High end Windows XP rigs should skip AGP and PCIe 1x and go directly for at least PCIe 2x. 7600GT is great if you want a very fast AGP graphics card.

Pentium III 900E, ECS P6BXT-A+, 384MB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce FX 5600 128MB, Voodoo 2 12MB, 80GB HDD, Yamaha SM718 ISA, 19" AOC 9GlrA
Athlon 64 3400+, MSI K8T Neo V, 1GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 7600GT 512MB, 250GB HDD, Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS