VOGONS

First post, by SyxxFtH8

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hey. Just getting into retro computing. Always wanted to tinker as a kid, couldn't risk breaking the expensive family computer. Now I can risk breaking stuff as an adult. 8*)

I was planning to buy one of these off eBay for my Windows 98 machine this week, and as luck would have it, an old grade school friend said he was moving his office and had a bunch of old parts I could pick through, and this card was among them!

I was looking at a lot of various models of the MX400, but never saw any with dual VGA output on them, and I didn't see many PCI versions with ANY kind of dual output.

Was this made for gaming, or maybe it's a professional card instead?

PXL_20221112_174404435.MP.jpg
Filename
PXL_20221112_174404435.MP.jpg
File size
1.54 MiB
Views
File license
CC-BY-4.0

Reply 1 of 6, by luk1999

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I'm not sure what company has made this card, but I remember that GF2 MX400 with dual VGA (AGP version) was produced by Prolink Pixelview and it was just a bit more expensive (~10%) than regular version made by this company. And I wouldn't call it professional. 😀

Pentium 4 2.4C, ASUS P4C800-E Deluxe, 1 GB RAM, GF FX5700 128 MB AGP, SB Audigy, Chieftec GPS-400AA-101A, Win XP SP2
Celeron 400, Compaq Garry, 128 MB RAM, Voodoo Banshee, ALS100 Plus+, Compaq 200 W, Win 98SE

Reply 2 of 6, by The Serpent Rider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Nvidia reference card - https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/geforce … mx-400-pci.c927

Might be from one of Nvidia OEM partners like Dell or HP or some lesser retail brands like PNY. But FCC logo usually means that it's an OEM card from some PC brand located in North America.

Last edited by The Serpent Rider on 2022-12-28, 04:51. Edited 1 time in total.

I must be some kind of standard: the anonymous gangbanger of the 21st century.

Reply 6 of 6, by SyxxFtH8

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I should have checked my display properties before I opened my mouth. 8*) It's a Gateway OEM model. Now I wanna find a heatsink for it. Any thoughts on where I can find a screw-on heatsink for this board?