VOGONS

First post, by d3vilsadvocate

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hey all

Due to some driver bug I have no video output when my Siluro G4 4200 Ti is connected to the screen via DVI. I‘m using a dvi-hdmi adapter and it works fine during bootup and DOS mode but not under W98.

When I booted up W98 the first time it worked as well. But as soon as I install nvidia drivers 28.32/29.42/45.23 it just won’t work.

Any idea what causes this? Is this a common occurrence?

Thanks in advance

Reply 2 of 8, by Kordanor

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Yep, I'd suspect the same. Try safemode. If that is not working, you might need to find a screen you can connect via VGA to adjust the settings. Alternatively your card got a SVideo out, and if you have a cable and a screen for that, this might work as well (just for switching the settings)

Reply 3 of 8, by smtkr

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Which resoluti0n are you trying to display? I feel like a Ti4200 should be new enough to display them all, but I recently ran into an issue where my Geforce 2 GTS couldn't display above 1024x768 on the DVI port (the screen would just lose its signal when I switched to native 1280x1024). Maybe you're experiencing something similar.

Reply 8 of 8, by d3vilsadvocate

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
maxtherabbit wrote on 2023-03-21, 12:35:

I think you're wasting your time. The TMDS transmitter on these cards is just shit

that's entirely possible. I guess I'll just live with VGA for now. Even more so since I own an OSSC and a Voodoo card...

I'd try a different GPU but now I've just modded a noctua fan on top of the GPU with 3d printed fan bracket...