VOGONS

First post, by nuvyi

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Has anyone had experience with Quadro cards in old games (Windows XP and 7 era)? Is there a difference between the drivers for the Quadro and the equivalent on the Geforce? I am considering the K2000 model, but afaik it doesn't support PhysX. I wonder if there is any way to add support? Modify the driver or use a driver from an equivalent on GeForce?

Reply 1 of 2, by The Serpent Rider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Quadro support everything GeForce can, except SLI on some models. Regular ForceWare works with Quadros just fine.

Although, that's just like what? 8800GT equivalent with DX11 features? While capable, it won't show decent performance with PhysX.

I must be some kind of standard: the anonymous gangbanger of the 21st century.

Reply 2 of 2, by nuvyi

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
The Serpent Rider wrote on 2023-04-24, 17:36:

Quadro support everything GeForce can, except SLI on some models. Regular ForceWare works with Quadros just fine.

Although, that's just like what? 8800GT equivalent with DX11 features? While capable, it won't show decent performance with PhysX.

There is a list of Quadro cards that support PhysX, and K2000 is not included. According to Wikipedia, this is the equivalent of a GTX 650, perhaps a little weaker.