VOGONS

First post, by Unrealcpu

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

So I tested this card today and it has issues with almost every game I am playing. I either get sound issues, graphic issues where the game crashes or mouse goes crazy.

I am trying to figure out if anyone has heard of such issues when using a pentium based cpu 133mhz , with cache disabled to play DOS games?

I am just using DOS in win98se and i am booting straight to dos. S3 virge cards all work perfectly
Thanks

Reply 2 of 10, by Unrealcpu

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
agent_x007 wrote on 2023-05-18, 17:51:

List of games you tested (with issues listed alongside them), would be nice to know.
Also, check this compatibility list : LINK

F-117a stealth fighter 2.0 , multiple mouse clicks

Wolfenstein 3d has issues with gameplay

I figured this was enough and shouldnt be an issue . I can try one on your list to see if there is an issue and this should tell me if the ram is to blame.

I figured I would have graphical issues is it was the ram but I am starting to think otherwise

Reply 3 of 10, by Unrealcpu

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
agent_x007 wrote on 2023-05-18, 17:51:

List of games you tested (with issues listed alongside them), would be nice to know.
Also, check this compatibility list : LINK

Ok looking the card the bios chip has LIghtspeed 128 v1.1 i am starting to think someone popped in the wrong bios?

Reply 5 of 10, by Unrealcpu

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
kixs wrote on 2023-05-18, 20:25:

Lightspeed 128 was ET6000 model made by STB. So it should be good. Maybe post a photo of your card.

ok the card is legit , i am just confused why the games are having issues. Could it be my usb mouse since this card is possible made for older pc's?

I am using a pentium 133mhz with cache disabled in pure dos

Reply 9 of 10, by weedeewee

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

the devil 's in the details.
post photos of your card as kixs said and give full specs of your system.
manufacturer/model ... of all components, mainboard, other expansion cards etc...

Right to repair is fundamental. You own it, you're allowed to fix it.
How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Do not ask Why !
https://www.vogonswiki.com/index.php/Serial_port

Reply 10 of 10, by Unrealcpu

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
weedeewee wrote on 2023-05-31, 15:57:

the devil 's in the details.
post photos of your card as kixs said and give full specs of your system.
manufacturer/model ... of all components, mainboard, other expansion cards etc...

decided to return it ,
I have enough experience to know that the card is faulty.

The fact is all my other video cards work fine.