VOGONS

First post, by Pierre32

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

This is not about DOSBox, the emulator. As much as I love it, it has made searching for this impossible.

I'm wondering if there is a way to force a resolution (eg. double the pixels) when running DOS games from within Windows.

Reply 2 of 3, by auron

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

i'm not sure if this is what you are referring to, but nvidia drivers from around the mid-2000s have a doublescan option. this can be used if not desiring scanlines from low resolutions on a CRT, or to get around the lack of integer scaling options on LCDs.

Reply 3 of 3, by Pierre32

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
leileilol wrote on 2023-05-21, 00:10:

No

As suspected. But it was surprisingly hard to get Google just to tell me that.

auron wrote on 2023-05-21, 00:28:

i'm not sure if this is what you are referring to, but nvidia drivers from around the mid-2000s have a doublescan option. this can be used if not desiring scanlines from low resolutions on a CRT, or to get around the lack of integer scaling options on LCDs.

Not Nvidia unfortunately. I'm on a Compaq NX9010 laptop with an ATI 345M. The Omega drivers do have the option to display things pixel perfect instead of stretching, which I love. And this is exactly what got me thinking that some pixel doubling would be a great addition...

PXL_20230519_065319433.jpg
Filename
PXL_20230519_065319433.jpg
File size
229.35 KiB
Views
File license
Public domain