VOGONS

First post, by william9

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

So I have two ATI Rage Fury Pro AGP graphics cards and both have same issues, ATI's own Dawning Demo works fine but while Quake 2 runs it has graphics artifacts. DxDiag is also having some problems:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqPw4PKOC4U

Motherboard is ASUS A7V133-C which does have VIA chipset, operating system is Windows 98SE, drivers installed from AMD's website.

I tried to lower AGP speed to 2X, Fast Writes was already disabled. So far I have tried only the mentioned 3D apps, Dawning, Quake 2 and DxDiag test.

Reply 2 of 2, by william9

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Unreal Tournament worked fine with the driver which caused problems in dxdiag, quake 2 and quake 3 which I now also tested.

I tried older driver which I download from some random driver site, setup filename was A239902. This driver fixed issues with Quake 2 but with Quake 3 there was still some textures flickering (Q3 issues were not as bad as they were with Q2). However, after I disabled GL Extensions from Q3 settings menu those textures stopped flickering and the game played OK. DxDiag also started to work properly with older driver, so apparently it was some type of driver issue.