VOGONS

First post, by T-Squared

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

One thing I've noticed about how the Rage Pro approaches its VGA video output when used in-tandem with its S-Video/Composite outputs is that when it changes resolutions, it will forget how I've set it up, despite its control panel saving the settings (at least it claims to) when I exit out.

In short, this means that my attempt to center the screen properly doesn't last. It will always reposition itself in the worst possible way when it returns to its original resolution from another.

Is there something wrong, or is it a bug?

Reply 1 of 2, by BitWrangler

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Are you maybe fighting the auto adjust settings on the monitor, that kick in every time a screen mode is switched?

Unicorn herding operations are proceeding, but all the totes of hens teeth and barrels of rocking horse poop give them plenty of hiding spots.

Reply 2 of 2, by T-Squared

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Nah, I don't see the auto-adjust when it changes resolutions. Also, it definitely does not keep the positioning and sync in the driver settings, because I remember changing one setting, and it disappeared when it changed resolutions for DOS-in-Windows mode.