VOGONS

First post, by joseblaho

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi All!

This is my first post, so I will briefly introduce myself.

My name is Joe and I have recently started this journey on building retro computers. Since I'm from Argentina I don't have as much access to old-n-cool hardware as there is at the States/Europe, still I'm getting some nice stuff to play around with.
I have found this site being my go-to place to get lots of wisdom/info on the matter!

So, I have found a Leadtek WinFast 3D S320II without a box but in really nice condition for around 2 USD Dollars, but I'm having a really hard time finding the proper drivers for it.
I have found a driver which seems to be the one but when Im trying to install it in my Compaq Presario 7973 build (with a Compaq ASPEN2 mobo) and Win98SE I get the following error:
uc?export=view&id=1zYiS6xblVgLSfFmPyP4KcIESkv655PDq

I've seen  this post Looking for: Leadtek Winfast Geforce Applications/Software (WinFox / WinFox II)  which takes me to an FTP site which cannot be accessed without a user and pass.

My question for you guys would be, does someone have the proper drivers for the card and/or do you guys know how to fix that error message I shared above?
I know the ASPEN2 mobo it's a bit finicky with AGP cards, but I can't Imagine how it could even forbid me to install the drivers.

Leaving some pics of the Windfast just for your "visual pleasure" 😀

uc?export=view&id=1eOwHvIk_hh_fv3zGARgXGhbqr3SKtSjK
uc?export=view&id=1GiJ2yoOYmdyLSxEmkzY7n0XP6JHZmN-Z

Thanks a lot for your help!!!

Reply 3 of 7, by joseblaho

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Warlord wrote on 2023-10-02, 01:54:

Its just a riva tnt2 so just the normal riva tnt2 drivers will work.. I heard 8.05 is good
http://vogonsdrivers.com/index.php?catid=24

I have used those, but many games visuals aren't good at all. I have tired both Carmageddon II and Diablo II LOD with bad results, Diablo II is unplayable 🙁

Reply 4 of 7, by joseblaho

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
giantclam wrote on 2023-10-02, 02:20:

Have you used drivermax software? Im hesitant to use "third party downloaders" is that a software you use? is it safe?

Reply 6 of 7, by Gmlb256

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Try different Detonator drivers, some of them can be found on Phil's website: https://www.philscomputerlab.com/nvidia-9x-gr … cs-drivers.html

Note that later ones incur CPU overhead with early DirectX titles, I suggest sticking with the earlier versions.

VIA C3 Nehemiah 1.2A @ 1.46 GHz | ASUS P2-99 | 256 MB PC133 SDRAM | GeForce3 Ti 200 64 MB | Voodoo2 12 MB | SBLive! | AWE64 | SBPro2 | GUS

Reply 7 of 7, by joseblaho

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Gmlb256 wrote on 2023-10-02, 04:25:

Try different Detonator drivers, some of them can be found on Phil's website: https://www.philscomputerlab.com/nvidia-9x-gr … cs-drivers.html

Note that later ones incur CPU overhead with early DirectX titles, I suggest sticking with the earlier versions.

Gotcha! will play around with those. Thanks!