VOGONS

First post, by demonized999

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello guys!
I got a very nice complete package of the mentioned card - box, manuals, disc - everything!
But the card behaves strange - my scaller is unable to sync picture from it - it just states "Unsupported" - I've never got this issue before on any other card in text mode.
I'm thinking it may have something to do with hsync/vsync written in the BIOS for text modes..And as I don't know how to fix this on my version, I think looking for a working dump is the way to go.
Card looks like this picture attached here - only difference is it is Vision 964-P chip and has DRAM chips on both side of card (4MB)

Does anyone has a copy of the BIOS from a working card?
On my it is listed W2000PRO 01.02.02-AH, so anything other than this should be fine.
Hell even if you have same version, i'll be happy...

Attachments

Reply 1 of 3, by mattw

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

what about the BIOS dump here:

https://www.vgamuseum.info/index.php/cpu/item … 55-s3-vision968

when I open it, it says:

ELSA WINNER 2000PRO/X-8 VESA VGA DPMS DDC1 BIOS Version 1.21.01-B

also, ELSA used to release CDs regularly with all their files and sometimes including the BIOSes:

Re: S3 Virge DX (325) driver woe's

[EDIT] not for your card, because I am too lazy to do exact search, but just to make my point BIOSes were included by ELSE themselves, here is one example:

ftp://retronn.de//driver/Elsa/ftp/GRAPHICS/WI … R2/WIN2BIOS.ZIP

on the mirror of their FTP server...

Reply 2 of 3, by demonized999

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello,
Unfortunately none of these will work for me..
1st link is totally different card (as you mentioned) ELSA Winner 2000Pro/X-PCI-8 - would love to have it but I do not.
2nd link with the ELSA Driver CD - didn't contain BIOS for my card. For the newer ones with Permedia II and Savage 4 - yes, but not for my 2D only card.
3rd link is again for Winner II..When i looked inside the FTP folder for my card there are only drivers, no BIOS images..

Continuing to look..
Edit: At least a dump of a PCI S3 Vision 964 card with TI TVP RAMDAC should do the trick..