VOGONS

First post, by WarhammerDarkOmen

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I'm having so many issues with my ThinkPad T41. It's running windows 98 SE and its an absolutely insanely good machine for my needs but the dedicated ATI 7500 GPU is awful in terms of reliability. Are ATI just bad at running older games or am i missing something? As I've had a Geforce FX Go 5200 before and it ran everything no problem what so ever.

F22 Lightning 2 direct x 6 runs flawlessly
3D mark 01 runs awfully on the first test but fine on the rest? It did used to run ok though
Dark Omen runs but the screen flickers like crazy
Tomb Raider 2 runs perfect

Does anyone have any experience with this chip? Best drivers advice maybe? I really like this machine and want it to work but im losing my mind with it now.

Nostalgia rig: AMD Athlon 800Mhz | Gigabyte GA-7IXE4 | Geforce 2 MX400 AGP | Sound Blaster AWE64 | 256MB RAM | Windows 98 SE

Reply 1 of 1, by bakemono

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
WarhammerDarkOmen wrote on 2023-11-23, 20:17:

Does anyone have any experience with this chip? Best drivers advice maybe? I really like this machine and want it to work but im losing my mind with it now.

Yes, I have it. I've run more than a few games but not the ones you mentioned. My driver version (WinXP):
ATI Technologies Inc.
2005/06/07

BTW, I remember I had to turn off some UI animations/effects under display properties to get a TV tuner app to stop crashing.

again another retro game on itch: https://90soft90.itch.io/shmup-salad