VOGONS

First post, by lukas12p

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi

I have problem with Voodoo3 8MB (onboard MSI with Celeron).
It works fine in D3D (Carma2 D3D, 3Dmark2000) and OpenGL (Quake2), but has like fog error in Glide games (Carma2 and NFS2SE).
Tested on fresh Win98SE, DX61 and DX7, intel drivers 3.20, last official V3 drivers and Amigamerlin 2.9.
PS. I had the same problem with 3dfx velocity 100 and send it back to seller some time ago.

Attachments

Reply 3 of 4, by smola

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
lukas12p wrote on 2023-12-03, 12:49:

There are textures, but mostly visible at far distance. Looks like fog function is working other way around, it is more foggy in front of camera instead of in distance

There is problem with 25-years old bug in glide2. I just fixed it and both games work nice.

This is my 1st post here, so I'd like to say hi to everybody, I use this forum since years, just didn't have need to register account here, so again hello 😉

This time you have to patch your glide2x.dll from Amigamerlin v2.9 at offset 140BF: 75->eb and replace dll - it'll solve your problems.

Cheers,
smola

edit: detailed description of the issue + fixed glide2x.dll: 3dfx glide2x.dll 25-years old bug in the system [affected all v3 cards with 8MB vmem]

my repairs: mobo index :: vga index :: requests