VOGONS

First post, by DOSShark

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Greetings, i know there have been threads and discussions about the 7800 gs and i read them, maybe not all because i didnt find all.

(1)
Im using Windows ME and the modded 82.69 drivers. They "work". That means the only Windows bug i have is the shutdown bug, but thats not a big deal.
Whats more interesting is the direct3d behavior. I can run UT GOTY and ST Armada fine in direct3d - but enabling any form of antialiasing leads to problems:
UT is becoming a diashow, Armada looses its menu animations and 3d mode is very slow. Running UT on OpenGL with and without antialiasing works like a charm.
I know those drivers have been reported with bad gamecompatibility for win9x and i have seen the driver comparison video by phils computerlab, yet still id like to ask if anyone else got some other suggestions than "drivers are bad".

(2)
Id like to dualboot this machine to xp / 2k. I tested xp with the latest xp drivers supporting the 7800gs for xp and the (first ones supporting it? ->) 91.xx drivers. Same direct 3d issues. But here comes a surprise - ive got another retro computer running xp with a gtx 980 with modded drivers and in this case the same applications work with direct3d with 8x antialiasing without problems, although the GPU and the drivers are more far away from 9x than the 7800gs ones.
What im asking for in (2) here are suggestions for a good xp 7800gs driver enabling older direct3d titles to run in xp.

Thanks for your time 😀 and "Merry Christmas"