First post, by Chadti99

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

*Update 1/7/24 OpenGL MCD Found, GLQuake running!*

*Update* Found the SDK/Demo files!*

https://archive.org/details/tritech-pyramid3d-cd

Long shot I know. I've got the drivers from the library here; card was detected in Windows 98 and the drivers installed no issue. Unfortunately, no luck so far with any Direct3D demos/tests, which pretty much meets expectations. I've found a thread from a user "Tim" on the now defunct FalconFly 3DFX forum who claims to have gotten at least a demo working.

https://falconfly.vogonswiki.com/cgi-bin/yabb … um=1226997706/7

If I click his link to his Beyond3d Forum thread I'm met with a login/pass for an admin perhaps so I can no longer read this thread. I was able to read this thread a few months ago and wished I had archived it.

http://forum.beyond3d.com/showthread.php?t=50787

Would anyone know if he's around on here or how to reach him on Beyond3d? Anyone other help would certainly be appreciated!

Attachments

• IMG_3669.jpeg
    Filename
    IMG_3669.jpeg
    File size
    1.52 MiB
    Views
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception
  • IMG_3668.jpeg
    Filename
    IMG_3668.jpeg
    File size
    1.46 MiB
    Views
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception
Last edited by Chadti99 on 2024-01-07, 15:11. Edited 5 times in total.

Reply 3 of 47, by Chadti99

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Someone reached out on Twitter and provided the original SDK which had the demos Tim mentioned. Here is a terribly captured video of the "Game"demo running on a TR25202. I'll see if I can get ahold of some capture hardware soon and reupload.

https://youtu.be/5yR1iRKoesY

Would love to upload the SDK files to the driver library, do my regular forum credentials work?

Reply 4 of 47, by vetz

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

No, you need credentials from Squallstrife (PM him to get). Alternatively you could upload them on thirdparty service and post link in this thread VOGONS Driver Library.

I have an account om vogonsdrivers and can take care of it.

3D Accelerated Games List (Proprietary APIs - No 3DFX/Direct3D)
3D Acceleration Comparison Episodes

Reply 6 of 47, by pshipkov

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I remember flashy adds in magazines. Some enthusiasts got hyped too, but i thought only eng samples were released.
Are you able to run any game/app on it ?
I should probably refresh my memory first before asking here if it supports OpenGL, or requires custom API calls.

retro bits and bytes

Reply 7 of 47, by Chadti99

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

https://archive.org/details/tritech-pyramid3d-cd

So far I've not found any Direct3D or OpenGL drivers so no games are running. The demos on the SDK are using a custom API. I'll try to reach out to a few folks and see if anything else turns up. Would love to see some old promo material for this thing if it still exists.

Reply 8 of 47, by pshipkov

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

looked up briefly online but didnt find any references.
clearly remember a logo with sliced horizontally pyramid hanging in front of a dark space background, or a nebula.
was there and the mandatory for those times lens flare in the corner ? i think so.
the 1-2 articles i saw were singing praises.
could they be paid content ?

it sounded like the perfect games/pros product.
i was very interested at the time in affordable prosumer 3d graphics hardware, so i noted them.

retro bits and bytes

Reply 9 of 47, by DrAnthony

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
pshipkov wrote on 2023-12-31, 20:03:
looked up briefly online but didnt find any references. clearly remember a logo with sliced horizontally pyramid hanging in fron […]
Show full quote

looked up briefly online but didnt find any references.
clearly remember a logo with sliced horizontally pyramid hanging in front of a dark space background, or a nebula.
was there and the mandatory for those times lens flare in the corner ? i think so.
the 1-2 articles i saw were singing praises.
could they be paid content ?

it sounded like the perfect games/pros product.
i was very interested at the time in affordable prosumer 3d graphics hardware, so i noted them.

I remember seeing that as well. Sadly I think a lot of the related press/media is long gone. I didn't realize that any hardware got around, it was always presented as vaporware back then after the hype died down. That or maybe it was Glaze3d I'm confusing it for demo wise...

Reply 10 of 47, by darry

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Chadti99 wrote on 2023-12-31, 15:44:

Someone reached out on Twitter and provided the original SDK which had the demos Tim mentioned. Here is a terribly captured video of the "Game"demo running on a TR25202. I'll see if I can get ahold of some capture hardware soon and reupload.

https://youtu.be/5yR1iRKoesY

Would love to upload the SDK files to the driver library, do my regular forum credentials work?

I missed that uou shared this and had commented on finding your video (deleted my post).

Thank you for sharing. Hope you can get some capture hardware .

Reply 11 of 47, by fragmentfi

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I know the guy who wrote the NT and OpenGL drivers back in the day. He said they were written to get Quake 1 running. He was doubtful he would have those drivers but promised to check.

Nice timing with this thread, I was also planning to try the card out as my friend has one.

Reply 13 of 47, by fragmentfi

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I don't know exactly but I think it is an earlier revision as it doesn't have the pyramid logo etc. The layout has changed a bit, the card is slightly longer and for example the voltage regulator is on the far end of the card. I did take a photo of the card one year ago and have been planning to get the card running since..

Reply 14 of 47, by fragmentfi

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I just read through the archived beyond3d thread and it had some interesting pieces of information: GL driver was only written for NT and Tim got the drivers from Mika Tuomi. Have you contacted Mika yet?

Also found a familiar name in the thread, "jpaana". I asked him but he does not have the GL drivers.

Reply 15 of 47, by Chadti99

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Oh I’ve actually been talking to Mika. I just asked him and he mentioned he would reach out to a friend, who wrote the driver, they might still have them.

The SDK files I’ve shared include a Windows NT driver, maybe that’s all we need? Or would it need to have an opengl32.DLL or similar included?

I bet Tim still has it but I’m not sure how to reach him.

Last edited by Chadti99 on 2024-01-03, 11:29. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 19 of 47, by vetz

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
fragmentfi wrote on 2024-01-03, 11:42:

It was the same guy 😁

But good news, he found a floppy which most likely has the drivers. He does not have a floppy drive but he will mail it to me.

With tracking? Would be quite a loss if it goes missing. I also hope you'll upload them to archive.org/vogonsdrivers 😀

3D Accelerated Games List (Proprietary APIs - No 3DFX/Direct3D)
3D Acceleration Comparison Episodes