VOGONS

First post, by Scythifuge

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Greetings,

I am trying to research the best glide wrapper for my particular machine I am currently working on (Athlon XP 3200+, AIW X800, WinXP, X-Fi, 1GB RAM.) The two choices which pop up the most are nGlide and dgvoodoo. I also read that that dgvoodoo can emulate other versions of directx, if needed. I am putting my entire retro game library on this machine, which will include DOS titles which I will try to run with vdmsound and the best fork of dosbox I can get running decently, but the main focus will be to get this machine to run everything from Windows 95 to post XP era games which still support this system. I am sure that there are version of these wrappers which cease support for a machine like this one after a certain verison.

What would our community recommend for any wrapper and version, and can more than one wrapper be installed and switched out as needed? Also, any recommendations for other apps for a system like this one are welcome. I have a 1tb C:\ drive (IDE with a sata adapter) and a 750gb D:\ drive (sata to sata port on an Asus A7V880,) so space isn't a concern. I am going to load it up!

Many thanks!
Scythifuge