VOGONS

First post, by OpenRift

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

So I recently got a 1GHz Pentium III from a friend, and decided to reinstall Rune to see if it performed any better. Luckily, it did.

However, as soon as I got to the part after the Viking ship you're on sinks, there came a problem when I surfaced in the caves (sorry for the crappy picture, but you can see the problem):
nRd27bC.jpeg

All the models have like a gray overlay on them. This doesn't happen at any point prior to this, nor on any other renderer (tho the other renderers don't look nearly as good to begin with). This was a problem that was present when I still had my 450MHz PIII, so I know it's not upgrade related. For graphics I have a 3Dfx Velocity 100 with the second TMU re-enabled via the registry. Does anyone have any idea why this might be happening?

Reply 1 of 5, by elszgensa

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

> with the second TMU re-enabled

First thing to try should always be to undo any hacks and "tweaks" you have done. Doubly so when encountering texture errors after activating a manufacturer-disabled texture unit.

Reply 2 of 5, by OpenRift

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
elszgensa wrote on 2024-03-07, 04:44:

> with the second TMU re-enabled

First thing to try should always be to undo any hacks and "tweaks" you have done. Doubly so when encountering texture errors after activating a manufacturer-disabled texture unit.

Just tried that, doesn't make a difference.

Reply 3 of 5, by iraito

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

3dfx glide2x.dll 25-years old bug in the system [affected all v3 cards with 8MB vmem]

Somebody recently solved your issue

uRj9ajU.pngqZbxQbV.png
If you wanna check a blue ball playing retro PC games
MIDI Devices: RA-50 (modded to MT-32) SC-55

Reply 5 of 5, by smola

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Elo, I'm the guy who did the fix and I'm glad it works 😀 I'd like you to do small favor:
Please post your results. It would be nice to include in the report game title, card name/model/video mem size and 2 screenshots from the game before and after fix - 1st one from original AmigaMerlin v2.9 drivers and 2nd one with replaced, my fixed glide2x.dll. Big thanks in the name of 3dfx maniacs 😉

Attach report and pictures here: 3dfx glide2x.dll 25-years old bug in the system [affected all v3 cards with 8MB vmem]

my repairs: mobo index :: vga index :: requests