VOGONS

First post, by rain

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi i ve voodoo banshee 16 mb ram im tried some drivers from old to new to see game performances . but now card is not accepting latest drivers and glide functions not working anymore , is card is broken or anything to do installing latest driver? im reinstalling windows 98 many times not work

Mobo : matsonic ms9357e
1 gb ram
Atx psu

Last edited by rain on 2024-03-22, 11:17. Edited 2 times in total.

Reply 3 of 8, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

IIRC the "Voodoo Series" drivers from late 2000 has issues with VB/V3 and drivers from earlier (late 99/early 00) should work better. 3dfx pulled an nVidia with regressing prior hardware in driver updates 🙁

(and Win98 does have a >512MB instablity problem)

apsosig.png
long live PCem

Reply 5 of 8, by auron

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
leileilol wrote on 2024-03-23, 01:14:

IIRC the "Voodoo Series" drivers from late 2000 has issues with VB/V3 and drivers from earlier (late 99/early 00) should work better. 3dfx pulled an nVidia with regressing prior hardware in driver updates 🙁

any specific examples of that? the final drivers for V3 worked well for me so far and the hardware was only about a year old when they came out.

Reply 6 of 8, by villeneuve

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

@rain: Resource conflict possibly, like IRQ sharing. I recently read current reviews of old mainboards and the guy running that website came across strange issues like yours. He figured most of them out by going back to basics meaning having all AGP/PCI-cards out of the system when installing Windows 98 SE.

Reply 7 of 8, by rain

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
villeneuve wrote on 2024-04-02, 17:21:

@rain: Resource conflict possibly, like IRQ sharing. I recently read current reviews of old mainboards and the guy running that website came across strange issues like yours. He figured most of them out by going back to basics meaning having all AGP/PCI-cards out of the system when installing Windows 98 SE.

How do i install os ,without pci-agp card 😀

Can you share me link of that review

Reply 8 of 8, by villeneuve

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

All cards except the graphics card of course!
The website is https://www.retrohardware-reviews.de . On every mainboard review of that site you'll find a section in which the author (from the German Voodooalert.de-forum) describes his findings regarding INT routing, IRQ sharing etc. and resulting issues etc.. Just take a glimpse on that section for every mainboard review and you'll find the strange issues the author came across and how to solve them even though your particular mainboard isn't on that website (Socket A mainboards only).