VOGONS

First post, by chris135

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I bought a rage 128 pro card (109-63000-00) that gives me beep codes the same as if there isn't a graphics card installed. I was able to boot and get the bios using a PCI graphics card. When I opened the bios in a hex editor it looked quite different from the bios of my other rage cards. This card part number seems to be associated with numerous Apple cards so I thought that was the problem. I asked the seller and they were confident it came from an old Dell that was working. I searched and could not find a bios for this card online, so I bought another one from another seller with clear wording that it came from a PC. I hoped that I could read the bios and flash to my original card but the second card behaves exactly the same. I don't think it's a motherboard AGP problem because I've tested in slot 1 and several generations of Athlon XP boards and I have no problems with older or newer rage cards. Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• 109-63000-00.jpg
    Filename
    109-63000-00.jpg
    File size
    121.17 KiB
    Views
    File comment
    Xclaim Dual Rage 128 Pro?
    File license
    Public domain

Reply 1 of 5, by winuser3162

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

if the part number is from an apple computer that may be your problem,i wouldnt trust that seller if you bought two of the same card, both have numbers that indicate the card came from an apple system and they both dont work on your motherboard. It could be possible that apple and dell were sharing OEM cards as dell and apple are both infamously agressive with keeping their parts proprietary to their systems. have you tested both of these cards on another motherboard yet?

Last edited by winuser3162 on 2024-04-12, 19:12. Edited 3 times in total.

1:intel Core 2 Extreme QX 6700, 2X GeForce 8800GTX SLI, SB Audigy 2ZS, XFX 780i SLI, 4GB Corsair XMS DDR2, Custom Waterloop
2:intel Pentium MMX , ATI Rage 3D, SoundBlaster16, Diamond Monstor 3D, 60MB Ram, Asus P/1-P55T2P4, Dual Booted Windows 95 pLuS!

Reply 2 of 5, by marxveix

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Usually if its with DVI, then this is Apple card, i have not seen any Rage128/Rage128 Pro non Apple version with DVI connector.
Maybe bios flash possible between mac and pc version, i have some Rage128 Pro bios for PC, but i have 0 Apple version now.

31 different MiniGL/OpenGL Win9x files for all Rage 3 cards: Re: ATi RagePro OpenGL files

Reply 3 of 5, by chris135

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I bought the cards from two different sellers and I tried them in a 440BX slot 1 board, and Athlon XP boards with VIA 266 and 400 FSB chipsets. The fact that I can read the bios makes me think it's not an AGP issue. I was hoping someone here has a working PC version and can share their bios. I'm not sure if the -00 at the end of the board part number is one of the Apple revisions or not.

Reply 4 of 5, by marxveix

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
chris135 wrote on 2024-04-12, 19:17:

I bought the cards from two different sellers and I tried them in a 440BX slot 1 board, and Athlon XP boards with VIA 266 and 400 FSB chipsets. The fact that I can read the bios makes me think it's not an AGP issue. I was hoping someone here has a working PC version and can share their bios. I'm not sure if the -00 at the end of the board part number is one of the Apple revisions or not.

I am 99% sure that these are mac versions, one post here about these cards:
ATI Rage 128 Pro MAC to PC flash

31 different MiniGL/OpenGL Win9x files for all Rage 3 cards: Re: ATi RagePro OpenGL files

Reply 5 of 5, by chris135

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thanks for the reply. Seems like my chances of getting these to work are slim, but I'd still be willing to try a bios from another revision of this board. The last thing I need is an excuse to buy a PowerMac G4.