Common searches

Reelmagic/Realmagic MPEG games

Topic actions

Reply 82 of 91, by Uka

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

No, it does not...
It seems that every (or almost every) REELmagic game requires the DOSBox fork to be tuned a bit for that specific game.
It does work on the real hardware though!

Reply 85 of 91, by Hammer

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Galatea2.2 wrote on 2022-05-14, 14:08:

Thanks for the vid. The cutscene quality is a huge step up. Let's hope it will be working in the dosbox fork soon.

I'm glad it works at least on the real hardware! The cutscene quality in the non-MPEG version is like the worst cutscene quality of any FMV game ever. The pixels are gigantic!

Thank you to all the people who are helping to preserve these Realmagic versions including getting them to work on DosBox!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply 88 of 91, by brassicGamer

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Just noticed this discussion. I know a collector who has 3x ReelMagic CD and I can acquire them soon. Would anyone be interested in one of these cards? I would be happy to provide for the cost of postage as I will hopefully be able to obtain them for free. May or may not wish to keep one myself.

Check out my blog and YouTube channel for thoughts, articles, system profiles, and tips.

Reply 89 of 91, by Uka

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
xcomcmdr wrote on 2022-05-17, 19:09:

If Conspiracy exists for this platform, could Dune exist too ?

Well, that remains a possibility, but to tell the truth, I doubt that - no proof had been surfaced so far, and there are no mentions of "Dune" in catalogs 🙁

DonutKing wrote on 2022-05-18, 08:56:

Excellent work Uka! I'm looking forward to trying Conspiracy on my 386 😀

You can already try it, I've uploaded it to Archive.org 😀

brassicGamer wrote on 2022-05-18, 11:05:

I know a collector who has 3x ReelMagic CD and I can acquire them soon. Would anyone be interested in one of these cards? I would be happy to provide for the cost of postage as I will hopefully be able to obtain them for free. May or may not wish to keep one myself.

You mean ReelMagic cards or disks? I am very interested in disks, if it is something not available yet 😀

Reply 90 of 91, by brassicGamer

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Uka wrote on 2022-05-18, 11:23:
brassicGamer wrote on 2022-05-18, 11:05:

I know a collector who has 3x ReelMagic CD and I can acquire them soon. Would anyone be interested in one of these cards? I would be happy to provide for the cost of postage as I will hopefully be able to obtain them for free. May or may not wish to keep one myself.

You mean ReelMagic cards or disks? I am very interested in disks, if it is something not available yet 😀

Sorry, "ReelMagic CD" is a type of ISA card.

Check out my blog and YouTube channel for thoughts, articles, system profiles, and tips.

Reply 91 of 91, by Uka

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Ah, I see. It is just the topic for discussing mostly games, you know.
Yes, ReelMagic CD is a kind of the original ReelMagic - it should be quite rare and expensive 😀
Will it come with full box, drivers, demo disks etc. or just the cards?