VOGONS

PCMCIA in DOS

Topic actions

First post, by Jccwu

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Prompt the program for work of PCMCIA devices in DOS on Toshiba Libretto 50CT laptop.
There is a PCMCIA CD-ROM that I want to connect.

Reply 1 of 3, by doshea

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I think that what you're looking for is called "card services" - I think that is the general term for PCMCIA driver packages - so maybe if you search for "card services" and "toshiba libretto" it will help [edit: this is incorrect, see reply below]. Good luck!

Last edited by doshea on 2022-07-31, 01:28. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 2 of 3, by lawyerpepper

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
doshea wrote on 2022-07-30, 10:50:

I think that what you're looking for is called "card services" - I think that is the general term for PCMCIA driver packages - so maybe if you search for "card services" and "toshiba libretto" it will help. Good luck!

As I recall, the OP either needs both card & socket services as well as possibly a device driver, or a very OEM-specific all-in-one enabler. C&S services provides an abstraction layer and allows for hot plugging PCMCIA devices. It's been many year since I've dealt with PCMCIA, but I do remember that the full stack of C&S services, plus device drivers, ate up a LOT of memory to the point that we always provided a boot menu with options to load or not load the PCMCIA stack when we provisioned laptops.

Reply 3 of 3, by doshea

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Thanks for the correction!