VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Phasma Felis

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

(I wasn't sure if this belonged in this forum or DOSBox Development; if I got it wrong, please let me know.)

I'm working on a CD-audio mod for DOS X-COM. I'm pretty sure there's a set of standard audio calls supported in hardware by all CD-ROMs, but I can't find a list of these anywhere. Any suggestions?

I'm particularly hoping there's a command to loop a specific track, but failing that, I suppose retrieving the track length, playing, waiting the appropriate time, and then playing again would suffice. This is all in assembler, of course, so brevity is a virtue. 😀

Reply 1 of 3, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

well there are 2 things. First there is the mscdex interface. Games tend to use that.
(int 2f 15XX (check intlist))
for more information and for device specific stuff (device ioctl stuff) check MSCDEX.DOC or so it is called.

This is not dosbox related at all btw
Moving to dos

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 2 of 3, by gerwin

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Here are some old pascal sources that are about accessing the CD-Rom drive in pure DOS. I have not wrote these and never really tested them either, except the drive open/close thing years ago. Maybe they can show you which commands to use, in addition to what QBix already posted...

Attachments

• Filename
    CDROM.zip
    File size
    16.85 KiB
    Downloads
    375 downloads
    File comment
    Pascal CD-Rom code for DOS
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception