VOGONS

First post, by krapsky

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

hi from australia. Ok l have 2 collections of the classic leisure suit larry series, one is the ultimate pleasure pack l got from ebay and the other is the collection for windows xp, that was released 3 years ago along with police quest, kings quest and all those.
I'll try to make this sound simple so l dont confuse anybody and myself too.
I just want to know if it is possible to get the actual GAME screen (i'm highlighting, not screaming btw) of larry to go into FULLSCREEN.
I know how to convert dosbox itself into fullscreen, but the actual game screen itself) is centred in the middle, with a black surrounding, i'm hoping to fill the whole screen up, if anyone is confused by the question by all means ask, l'll try to explain myself, but if u do understand l'd really love an answer, because this has happened to me with other dos games.
You see i'm 32 (i'm probably the oldest person on here 🤣, well maybe) and l remember playing these games all the way back in 1990, on a large floppy disk (not the 3.5" floppy) and the game screen was full, or maybe u just can't do this anymore on modern computers.
once again thankyou alot and bye. 😀

Reply 1 of 5, by lightmaster

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

you need to create a config, then edit it, and fiddle with render and another video options, read the readme of 0.72 😀

25071588525_735097840e_b.jpg

Reply 2 of 5, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

Hello young man. How "centered" and how big are the black borders? My guess is that you need to fiddle with the output-method in dosbox.conf. Try them all (surface, overlay, ddraw, opengl, ...) and see if one of them will do the trick.

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 3 of 5, by khalbrae

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

If you are using an old laptop, your monitor may only be able to handle low resolutions with centering and may not be able to scale it.

Reply 4 of 5, by Kit Silva

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I was going to make a new topic, but it turns out I've got the same issues as this "old man" (heh).

I've tried fiddling with my DOSBox configuration and nothing works right. I've read the documentation, and looked at the dosbox.conf file, but I can't seem to figure out how to do this. My regular resolution is 1280x1024, but the game runs at 640x480 and is surrounded by black borders. I have tried several games (DOS demos from CDs, Police Quest 1 VGA remake, and a few Ted Gruber software titles) and they all seem to have the same issue. Any help is appreciated. My configuration is below (I've omitted all other options.)

[sdl]
fullscreen=false
fulldouble=false
fullresolution=1280x1024
windowresolution=original
output=surface
autolock=true
sensitivity=100
waitonerror=true
priority=higher,normal
mapperfile=mapper.txt
usescancodes=true

[render]
frameskip=0
aspect=false
scaler=normal2x

Edited to add resolution / game info.

Last edited by Kit Silva on 2009-05-02, 21:39. Edited 2 times in total.

Reply 5 of 5, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank
MiniMax wrote:

Hello young man. How "centered" and how big are the black borders? My guess is that you need to fiddle with the output-method in dosbox.conf. Try them all (surface, overlay, ddraw, opengl, ...) and see if one of them will do the trick.

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions