VOGONS

First post, by gato78

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hiya all

I have a gravis ultrasound max rev 2.1 with 512k of sample memory. I want to upgrade the memory to 1024k, does anyone know where I can get this chip? I'm inclined to think that its fastpage SOJ Ram 256k X 16 @80ns is this correct? Can you use 60 or 70ns memory?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Reply 1 of 5, by h-a-l-9000

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

Got an old Kyocera laser printer? 😉

1+1=10

Reply 2 of 5, by CHiLL72

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

You can use 60 or 70ns memory. You could even use 40 or 50ns memory. I have a few spare chips that will work.

Waveblaster MIDI boards: https://waveblaster.nl - online now!

Reply 3 of 5, by gato78

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

No I dont, however I'll keep my eye out for one next time I'm at the markets. I'm also looking at video cards to see if I can source the memory chip from them, however most of them are soldered onto the board.

Thanks =)

Reply 4 of 5, by Menkau_ra

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

This is what I did too. Found an ISA video board and pulled out memory chips. But they are getting expensive on ebay now. I had 80ns chips before and memory test utility fro GUS said that I had bad ram. I've replaced them with 70ns and now it works fine.
And pay attention how many pins on chips you will buy. I have one ISA video board and it looks like it is what I need. But memory chips got 2 pins less.

Reply 5 of 5, by gato78

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hey CHiLL72, how do I go about obtaining one of these chips from you? I'm in australia.

Thanks

Darcy