VOGONS

First post, by posix_memalign

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I have issues with the music in Fate of Atlantis and Jill of the Jungle. Digital effects work flawlessly whereas the music sounds akin to a ZX Spectrum loading a tape -- screaming and hissing with small popping-noises. Even after exiting the game there is still a hissing background sound present -- although at this point it does not change constantly like it will do when the game attempts to play the music.

This happens in Fate of Atlantis and in Jill of the Jungle, I have no issues with the sound in other games, digital or music.

My system is a P1 233 MHz with an AWE32 in real DOS 6.2. I have tried numerous versions of Fate of Atlantis.

Interestingly enough, I also had the same issue when I used an SB16, then this problem went away when I got an SB32, but then when I got an AWE32 the issue reappeared!

Any ideas? Thanks in advance. 😀

Reply 1 of 2, by Great Hierophant

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

There is a Fate of Atlantis patch for Pentium systems, why not try that?

http://nerdlypleasures.blogspot.com/ - Nerdly Pleasures - My Retro Gaming, Computing & Tech Blog

Reply 2 of 2, by posix_memalign

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Great Hierophant wrote:

There is a Fate of Atlantis patch for Pentium systems, why not try that?

Great, thanks! That actually worked, I didn't know there were patches for Fate of Atlantis. I looked for a patch/update/fix for Jill as well but I was unable to find one.
Do you have any idea how to correct the music issue in Jill of the Jungle?