VOGONS

First post, by robbo007

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hello all,
I've got an original copy of Lands of Lore 2 (Guardians of Destiny) and when I try and install it I get the following error:

Setup is not complete.
Unable to write a configuration file.

It then bombs back to dos.

This happens when I've selected both the SFX and music sound devices.

Anyone else had this problem? How can I install?

Thanks,
Rob

Reply 1 of 5, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Isn't Lands of Lore 2 a WINDOWS game or does it have ms-dos executables?

Reply 2 of 5, by robbo007

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

It has both MSDOS and Windows exes.

Reply 3 of 5, by dougdahl

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

(If this is a problem with actual dos, as opposed to dosbox, then please ignore this post.)

No problems for me installing, but I did need to use the -label with the mount to get the game to recognize the cds when playing.
I was going to suggest making sure that you had mounted a c drive, and making sure to use the '-t cdrom' when mounting the cd, but when I tried that it produced entirely different errors.
About the only thing I can think of is playing with -freesize when mounting your c drive in case your drive is too large and dosbox is having trouble recognizing it.
Or perhaps making sure that your directories can be written to wherever the c is mounted at.

Reply 4 of 5, by Shagittarius

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

This game installs and runs fine for me on images I made from my cds.

Heres the mounting line :

imgmount d n:\iso\lol_cds\lolcd1.iso n:\iso\lol_cds\lolcd2.iso n:\iso\lol_cds\lolcd3.iso n:\iso\lol_cds\lolcd4.iso -t iso -fs iso

Nothing special about it...I do know that AVG finds a file associated with this game that it thinks is a virus and it will quarantine that file...don't know what happens to the setup process if that happens. If you had already installed and were redoing the config maybe this is possibly something to look at.

Reply 5 of 5, by robbo007

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Thanks. That worked great. Now installed. What a game 😀