VOGONS

First post, by Soupdragon

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I own most of the old Sierra adventure games bought through gog.com and they all run well on my modern pc with there dos-box installers. But I recently start putting together old PC’s and I would really rather play the games on original hardware.

The older non talkie games like police quest 1-3 all run OK on my 486. But I want to run the later talkie games from CD-ROM. My old pc has a small hard drive, would it be possible to recreate the CD’s from the gog downloads. What would I need?

I am guessing a list of all the files locations and a dos installer or a configuration file.

Wouldn’t it be great buying a game fom gog let you download an ISSO image of the game at the same time. Even if it cost extra I would pay it.

Mods please close this thread if this kind of discussion isn’t allowed.

Reply 1 of 4, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I believe a little resource.cfg editing would be required to point to a disc, and you'd keep the voice file there instead. I've never done any "GOG to CD" converting myself since I don't own any GOG games or even any Vivendi collection releases - just actual cd releases. 😀

apsosig.png
long live PCem

Reply 2 of 4, by Soupdragon

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Thanks leileilol, I'll give it a go. the only sierra CD's I still have are Gabriel Knight 1 & 2. Least I had the good sense to hang onto all the LucasArts games.

Could anyone anyone do me a big favour and print a tree list to a txt file of there /Sierra game directory in DOS and paste it here. So I can copy the original names of the each games folder. I am just that sad. 😁

Reply 3 of 4, by Shagittarius

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I think gog just has an iso image of the original disk that they mount when you play their distributions. They dont name them ISO they use their own extension but they just mount them in DOSBOX like you would an ISO.

Just look at the config to see which files they are mounting and I bet you can burn them straight to a CD.

Good luck.