VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by trist007

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

So this is the first game that I test my Roland MT-32(Old) on.

I am running Windows 7 64 bit. Ok so I installed ScummVM and added Indiana Jones: Fate of the Atlantis. I have a M-Audio Delta Audiophile 2496 PCI midi card. I'm using Logitech Z-5500 speakers. I patch a midi cable from the OUT to the IN on the MT-32. Then on the OUTPUT of the MT-32 I hook up a left/right into one digital plug into the back of my Z-5500 decoder. I also have a SB X-Fi PCI-e card installed.

When I fire up ScummVM, in the Audio tab, for the Music device I select the M-audio Delta audiophile MIDI. Under the MT-32 tab I select True Roland MT-32. I then start the game. The music is wonderful. However, there's no speech. How do I get speech to play on my SB X-fi? What confuses me is that I have my SB X-fi hooked up to Optical on my Z-5500. But I didn't select SB x-fi anywhere in the ScumVM setup menu. So obviously this won't work. Do I need two separate speaker systems, one for mt-32 music, the other for sb x-fi sound? What's the normal way of doing this?

-Tristan

Reply 1 of 4, by trist007

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I got the speech and sound working but no music. So I'm using SB X-Fi on optical behind my Z-5500 decoder. Can I plug the outputs of my MT-32 into my Line-in in the SB X-Fi and play it out? If so, how would I do that?

-Tristan

Reply 3 of 4, by trist007

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Ah got it. I went 6 channel direct, (green, black, orange). Then I plugged MT-32 into line in on the back of SB X-Fi, then selected M-audio audiophile card for Music card in ScummVM, works like a charm.

-Tristan

Reply 4 of 4, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

When asking about playing games in ScummVM, you may wish to ask on the ScummVM forum.

The Sierra Help Pages -- New Sierra Game Installers -- Sierra Game Patches -- New Non-Sierra Game Installers