VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by CU_AMiGA

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi

just downloaded the free grand theft auto game for windows from the offcial site. i was wondering whether a voodoo graphics driver exists for this like it does in GTA2? any input would be appreciated!

regards

Reply 3 of 5, by Zup

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Is GTA2 a DOS application? I think that GTA was DOS/Windows and GTA2 was Windows only.

In any case, the official site versions are Windows only, and I don't know if it would work with DOS executables. That versions were redone to work with new systems, so maybe they altered the data files (Lucasarts did that with their Steam versions of old adventures).

As a related question... is it possible to use the GTA London expansion with the "modern" Windows versions of the game?

I have traveled across the universe and through the years to find Her.
Sometimes going all the way is just a start...

I'm selling some stuff!

Reply 4 of 5, by EZ

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

GTA1 comes with the 3dfx 1 driver standard installed. Make sure your 3dfx installation path is in your PATH environment variable (if you have installed your 3dfx 2 drivers in for instance C:\3dfx, add the line PATH=C:\3dfx;%PATH% in C:\autoexec.bat), and delete the glide2x.ovl file(s) in your GTA1 installation directory, then it will use the glide2x.ovl from your 3dfx installation instead. Now run GTA1 in 3dfx mode (in DOS) and everything should work.

Enjoy!

Last edited by EZ on 2012-12-06, 20:58. Edited 2 times in total.