VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Waltc

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I've had great success in getting games to work with GUS emulation & DOSbox .74, but Pandora is giving me a fit...😉

The problem is that I hear what sounds like (loud) hand-claps and snare-drum rolls looping way out of sync with the music and the effect makes the GUS emulation worthless with this game. Installed everything in accordance with this guide:

Install Gravis Ultrasound Properly, All files, No Errors (With Pictures!)

And then I installed three patches to the 1.60 instruments supplied by forum member Tsyu he linked to here for clap, snare, and triangle:

download.php?id=6106

(Tsyu had indicated these corrected improper looping of these instruments under certain conditions--and I thought I was home free. Tsk-Tsk, that's what I get for thinking...😉 They had no effect on this problem.)

This is the only game so far to demonstrate this problem. I run the game with the Pangrav.bat and the GUS emulation sounds great--or would, if not for the highly annoying looping percussion! I can use SB16 midi emulation with no problem, but the GUS just sounds *so* much better!

Thanks in advance to any soul who might condescend to help me with this problem! I've searched these *excellent* forums and Bing'ed and Google'd and I can't find anything that speaks precisely to my problem--I joined expressly to ask this question!

Reply 2 of 2, by Waltc

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thanks, ripsaw, but dummy here (that's me) thought he had copied Tsyu's patched instruments into the midi directory when he hadn't!!!! (Old age is coming on hard!) So....all is well with GUS and Tex4!

Thanks again...(case closed by #1 Dummy.)