VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by dirkmirk

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I remember having trouble getting sound effects working back in the day and now I am having trouble with a 386DX40 with a Soundblaster Pro.

I remember getting the sound effects to work but I cant remember how, is their a way to configure the base port/IRQ/DMA?

cheers.

Reply 2 of 8, by dirkmirk

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Actually I should have add that its a problem unique to Street Fighter 2, as far as I can tell you cant change the soundblaster parameters inside the game and their is no dos setup for sound either.

Sound works fine in other dos games, like I said I remember that I got the sound effects to work I just cant remember how I acheived it.

Reply 5 of 8, by peterferrie

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

check your DOSBox options file. You'll need sbbase=220, irq=7, dma=1 for the SoundBlaster to work.
You can't change from those values or you won't get any sound at all.
Within the game, there is the "option mode" to select the sound card, and to test that it's working.
The music and sound tests allow you to press "Q" and "A" to cycle through the different samples.

Reply 6 of 8, by Calvero

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I've managed to change the base port from 220 to 240 by searching for 20 02 in SBDRIVER.DRV with a hex editor and changing it to 40 02. But I couldn't change IRQ and DMA settings.

Back in the day, I didn't even know Street Fighter 2 had sound effects.