VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by AlexDroog

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I have a Midiman MM-401 and a Sound Blaster 32 CT-3600. When I try to run any game I get a checksum error from my MT-32. I tried to set the MM-401 to different settings but it will only work at the default settings. If I remove the Sound Blaster 32 the MM-401 works perfectly. I even put in an original 8 bit Sound Blaster CT-1320U and it works perfectly with the MM-401. However, I cant use the original Sound Blaster because the line out is messed up. For some reason the MM-401 and the Sound Blaster 32 don't want to work together no matter what I try. Does anybody have any suggestions? Thanks

Reply 1 of 4, by Mau1wurf1977

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

The cards are likely using the same address 330 for MPU401. Configure the Sound Blaster so it uses address 300 for MPU401.

The other option is to use your old Sound Blaster and use an external mixer.

My website with reviews, demos, drivers, tutorials and more...
My YouTube channel

Reply 2 of 4, by AlexDroog

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hey Mau1wurf1977, you are always there for me. I set the sound blaster 32 setting for the MPU-401 in the autoexec.bat to H300 and it still doesn't work. I cant use my old sound blaster because it has a messed up audio out jack.

Reply 3 of 4, by Mau1wurf1977

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Setting it in the Autoexec.bat isn't enough. You either have to move the jumpers or run CTCU in the CTCM folder to reconfigure resources or edit a text file which holds the configuration.

The steps are a bit full-on, so not that easy to communicate through a forum 😐

My website with reviews, demos, drivers, tutorials and more...
My YouTube channel