VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by DigitalFodder

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

hi, im a complete newbie to anything dos wise. I recently got toonstruck, i installed it. The sound didnt work and when detecting video in the setup it crashed. Tried to run it and i got a black screen. I found your program and installed it, i right clicked on it and ran with VDMS. Same output. Next i came across that vgafix, went to setup configured video and it works at 320x240 (or at least displaied the image) 😖 Sound still didn't work even when set to sound blaster 16 (Port:220 IRQ:7 DMA:5). Ran the toonstruck exe again and get a warning that it will be slow and bad IQ. [Y], still a black screen. 🙁 So i went to the config file in the toonstruck dir and change the 320x240 to 640x480. Now it says it may display in letter box mode, [Y] again and still a black screen! 😒

Can anyone guideme through getting thisgame to work in WidowsXP?

AMD Athlon 2400+
Abit NF7-S
1Gb PC2700
Onboard Sound (AC97)
GeForce 4 Ti4200

Much thanks to anyone that helps!

Reply 4 of 4, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

The audio stuttering is from having too high of cycles. Lower the cycles to decrease the stuttering and drop frames to increase speed.

The Sierra Help Pages -- New Sierra Game Installers -- Sierra Game Patches -- New Non-Sierra Game Installers