VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by serrith

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Lo everyone,

I recently bought One unit whole Blood from GOG and the game works in dosbox.
However i also use 2 hardware modules i bought a while ago, a Roland MT-32 (first gen) and a Roland SC-8850.

The Roland SC-8850 works perfectly with the SC-55 map in all the games i tried, but when blood starts it displays a message on the SC-8850 that it hasn't got the instrument and the midi plays completely wrong. If i try it with the other maps (8850 / 88PRO / 88 / 55) it gives the same message and plays the midi wrong.

With my original Blood (without expansion and not GOG) it plays correctly.
I made sure the setup points to the roland soundcanvas or just plain general midi and both give the same wrong results.

Other Build games like shadow warrior and duke nukem 3D work flawlessly with it.
Does anyone know what causes it ? I tried max cycles/fixed/low cycles, dynamic processor, normal etc ...

Any help is welcome.

Reply 1 of 7, by Mau1wurf1977

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

How do the instruments sound with the default Windows MIDI device.

My website with reviews, demos, drivers, tutorials and more...
My YouTube channel

Reply 2 of 7, by serrith

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

The same, its completely wrong when i select the soundcanvas or the general midi device.

The default midi device is the Roland UM-ONE (it is connected to the Roland SoundCanvas and is a USB-MIDI converter device.)

I do not think that would be the problem since every other game sounds correct.

Reply 5 of 7, by Mau1wurf1977

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
adilmalik wrote:

I haven't looked into aftermarket memory managers like 386MAX or QEMM because I heard many games are not compatible - can somebody provide comment on this?

There should be zero need for after market managers. You could try my start-up files with CD-ROM and mouse drives. It has 6 boot options to cater for most situations. I'd say 99% of games should work including trickier games like Ultima 7.

My website with reviews, demos, drivers, tutorials and more...
My YouTube channel

Reply 6 of 7, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

it could worth a shot to try tilakat's patch here: Re: Apogee / 3D Realms - sound driver hacking

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website