VOGONS

First post, by fsmith2003

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I am having an issue with a period correct 1992 machine that I've built (which is why I am using 5.0 and not 6.22). Not so much an issue but a DOS 5.0 limitation that I am trying to work around. Not sure if there is a way that I am not aware of but I am wanting to run the MEM command with the /C/P so I can see it page by page. I cant get all the info to show on my screen at once. It will not let me attach the /p because it says there are too many variables. Any utilities or workarounds for this that anyone is aware of?

Reply 3 of 6, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Keep in mind that this forum is for DOS games on modern systems. For questions involving older hardware with real DOS you should ask in Marvin.
Marvin, the Paranoid Android

The Sierra Help Pages -- New Sierra Game Installers -- Sierra Game Patches -- New Non-Sierra Game Installers

Reply 5 of 6, by Ltsyrek

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

"|more" pipe won' t work if you do not have more.com file somewhere in your %PATH% variable.
Another idea is to use:
mem /c >file
It will save your results to a file.

Reply 6 of 6, by fsmith2003

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

The more command has actually been working for me great with just a default install of Dos 5. Have only made a few memory adjustments in the config and autoexec files so far otherwise.