VOGONS

First post, by jamar190

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

😊 Hello, I just learned the hard way, that I needed a dos emulator for my daughter to play an old pacman game called Chompster. Although, Im not familar with it, I did understand how to get it going since I used to play games on snes. Question: When I type in the game to run it (I have it download on my pc) I get a "load error- NO DPMI get csdpmi*b.zip." If anyone is familar with what I can do at this point to get the game going, I would truly appreciate it. I did learn, I think that this is for the memory, & I did find it and downloaded the file to my dosbox directory, as it states in the instructions. After this, I am lost. Thank you so much for any help you can give me.
Note: PLease explain step by step for I am not too familar with this.
I have a new Dell XP. Thx 😀

Reply 2 of 6, by jamar190

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi, thanks for your quick response. No luck. I unzipped it into my game directory, but again-keeps prompting me to get DPMI. Is there anything that I am missing here? Just to review I unzipped it into the actual directory of the game itself. If you could further advise me, I would be so grateful.

Reply 3 of 6, by jamar190

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

No need to reply, I figured it out. The game works great now. Thanks 4 your help

Reply 4 of 6, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

What did you do to solve it? It might help others to know.

Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)
8 GB GeForce GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (Gigabyte)

Reply 5 of 6, by jamar190

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Sure, all I did was download and unzipped the DPMI EXE program directly into the games directory. Then I just hit alt-enter after the game started up in a small window and it changed to full screen. As for as speeding the game up, I just hit ctrl-f12 and the game sped up. The choppiness slowly went away.

Reply 6 of 6, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Thanks. 😎

Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)
8 GB GeForce GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (Gigabyte)