VOGONS

Common searches

Reply 20 of 26, by BitWrangler

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I remember GEM desktop or paint having some form of capture function but I think it was only for film scanners or suchlike.

Unicorn herding operations are proceeding, but all the totes of hens teeth and barrels of rocking horse poop give them plenty of hiding spots.

Reply 21 of 26, by lolo799

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
radiance32 wrote on 2021-12-08, 02:46:

* Second question: The drivers for the scanner (I managed to find an ISO image of the CD-ROM that originally came with the scanner) only has ASPI drivers for windows 95 and Windows NT 3.51.

Could you link to it, for curiosity's sake?
I suppose you want to use the scanner on a 200lx, right? Which would also require the software to work in cga only under Win3.0...

PCMCIA Sound, Storage & Graphics

Reply 22 of 26, by Grzyb

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

There's Graphic Workshop software for DOS with support for two flatbed scanners from HP: ScanJet IIC, ScanJet Plus.

Nie tylko, jak widzicie, w tym trudność, że nie zdołacie wejść na moją górę, lecz i w tym, że ja do was cały zejść nie mogę, gdyż schodząc, gubię po drodze to, co miałem donieść.

Reply 23 of 26, by radiance32

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
lolo799 wrote on 2021-12-09, 12:19:
radiance32 wrote on 2021-12-08, 02:46:

* Second question: The drivers for the scanner (I managed to find an ISO image of the CD-ROM that originally came with the scanner) only has ASPI drivers for windows 95 and Windows NT 3.51.

Could you link to it, for curiosity's sake?
I suppose you want to use the scanner on a 200lx, right? Which would also require the software to work in cga only under Win3.0...

Yeah, it's for part 2 of my 200LX SCSI bus video...
Anyways, I think my scanner is just too new, and I won't get it to work...
I'm not going to invest a lot of money in finding a working one on ebay and have it shipped to NZ,
just for a few minutes of video, so I guess i'll just leave it be,
I can demonstrate that the scanner is connected, found by the ASPI manager,
and as such it works, except for the lack of software to actually make it do anything...
I need to finish this video asap so i can continue on the next one, i've a whole series of cool videos planned...

Thansk for everyone's time/input, i really appreciate it!,
Radiance

Check out my new HP 100/200LX Palmtop YouTube Channel! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCVChzZ62a-c4MdJWyRwdCQ

Reply 24 of 26, by radiance32

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Grzyb wrote on 2021-12-09, 12:40:

There's Graphic Workshop software for DOS with support for two flatbed scanners from HP: ScanJet IIC, ScanJet Plus.

Too bad i don't have an HP scanner... 🙁

Radiance

Check out my new HP 100/200LX Palmtop YouTube Channel! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCVChzZ62a-c4MdJWyRwdCQ

Reply 25 of 26, by BitWrangler

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Though come to think of it, the Ancient One in the pile is I think a Hacklet Pukehard. Not sure I've got SCSI cables though. SCSI stuff it always feels like you've gotta have 5x the junk to end up with things that work together, vs the normal 2x the junk, where you actually end up pairing most of it up with few leftovers.

Unicorn herding operations are proceeding, but all the totes of hens teeth and barrels of rocking horse poop give them plenty of hiding spots.

Reply 26 of 26, by radiance32

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
BitWrangler wrote on 2021-12-09, 21:33:

Though come to think of it, the Ancient One in the pile is I think a Hacklet Pukehard. Not sure I've got SCSI cables though. SCSI stuff it always feels like you've gotta have 5x the junk to end up with things that work together, vs the normal 2x the junk, where you actually end up pairing most of it up with few leftovers.

Yeah, I understand where you're coming from... Lots of different types of connectors on cables etc...
I'm just going to leave things as they are, finish my part 2 SCSI video just showing that the scanner connects and is recognized on the SCSI bus,
and in a better world I would have been able to scan and demonstrate the machine if I had working 16-bit dos or real mode windows drivers/scanning software,
but, you can't have it all I guess...

I've no time left and have to move on, my next video after the upcoming part 2 SCSI is also going to be an interesting one,
I've compiled a minix 2.0.2 kernel with TCP/IP networking that boots/works on the 200LX, with a full /usr filesystem with the whole 2.0 distribution mounted...,
and i'm writing a small select/fork based httpd daemon for it to build a "unix-like, pre-emptive multi-tasking, multi-user OS based webserver" on a 200LX palmtop 😀
I've had to disable many functions and drivers in the kernel to get it small enough to have enough userland memory left to compile kernels and my httpd daemon,
and currently i've got it down to approx 250kb with all the inet services built-in... (no drivers for network cards though as it does'nt support PCMCIA, so serial line IP is the only way to connect it)
I'm going to try and get it connected to a raspberry PI with a NULL modem RS-232 cable and use the SLIP protocol to get internet access at (hopefully) 115Kbaud... we'll see how far I get 😀
I've got a static IP at home on my fiber internet connection so i'll be adding a link to a small webpage served by a 200LX connected with a 24/7 wall power brick, so people can try it out 😀
Wish me luck! 😀

Thanks to everyone answering my thread, I appreciate you all taking the time to respond 😀
Yours,
Radiance